Find out below how to request information the police hold on you or your client.

You can also request details of your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. 

Coronavirus (Covid-19)

If you're making a Right of Access Request (also known as a Subject Access Request) we ask you to do so online; following guidance by the Government, as of 23rd March 2020 postal applications are not being processed until further notice. If you need help with your application, please email us

Due to travel restrictions being implemented by the Government we are unable to access some our non-electronic records and exhibits therefore we may not be able to process some requests within the statutory timeframe of 30 days. We’ll contact you and inform you should this apply to your specific request.

Advice tool

I'd like to request domestic violence offender data (Clare's Law)

Thank you. To make a request as part of the Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme (Clare’s Law), you can either visit your nearest police station or make an application online.

To apply at a police station

A police officer or member of police staff will take the details of what prompted your enquiry and talk you through the next steps.

A safe means of contacting you will be established and we'll carry out some initial checks to make sure there are no immediate concerns; if there are, or if you tell us a crime has taken place, we may act on them.

You'll need to give your:

  • name
  • address 
  • date of birth

To apply online

Click 'Start' below to begin your application. 

You'll need:

  • your name, address, date of birth
  • as much information about the person you're applying to find out about as possible, eg their full name, address, date of birth



Police station finder

Location search controls

Find your nearest police station


Showing results for