Find out below how to request information the police hold on you or your client.

You can also request details of your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. 

Coronavirus (Covid-19)

If you're making a Right of Access Request (also known as a Subject Access Request) we ask you to do so online; following guidance by the Government, as of 23rd March 2020 postal applications are not being processed until further notice. If you need help with your application, please email us

Due to travel restrictions being implemented by the Government we are unable to access some our non-electronic records and exhibits therefore we may not be able to process some requests within the statutory timeframe of 30 days. We’ll contact you and inform you should this apply to your specific request.

Advice tool

I'd like to request disclosures for family court proceedings on behalf of a family member

Thank you. Just follow these steps to apply.


Step 1: Download the London request form (LRF) for private individuals representing themselves.


Step 2: Print and complete the LRF.

You'll need to include:

  • original copies of two forms of ID, one of which must be your passport, driving licence or identity card
  • a cheque for £82, made payable to the Mayors Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC)

Step 3: Post your completed form and ID documents to the address below at least 20 days before the scheduled hearing date.

Legal Support Team
Directorate of Legal Services
Metropolitan Police Service
10 Lamb's Conduit Street


We'll look into your request and respond in due course.

For further details, please refer to the LRF form.