If you've lost or found property in a public place, we may be able to help. Answer the questions below to find the best thing to do next.


Advice tool

The item I lost in a public place has my name/address on it or can be directly identified as mine

We can't take a report on this.

For UK passports or driving licences, report the loss to the Passport Office or DVLA.

For foreign passports, ID cards and driving licences, report the loss directly to your embassy or high commission.

For bank cards or other official documents, such as birth certificates and bank statements, report the loss to the office that issued it.

If the item is handed in to us then we will make efforts to contact you.