Additional support and events
We know that applying for a new job can be a daunting task, that’s why we have put in place teams that are here to specifically help you navigate your way through the recruitment process and beyond.
We want to ensure that you feel positive and confident in your choice, considering us as an employer. Our priority is to make sure you feel welcomed, informed, inspired and supported throughout your Met journey and that starts right here.
For insight into life as an Officer and recruitment events
The Outreach Team is made up of officers and staff from across the Met. They work closely with local communities, particularly those from under-represented communities, increasing awareness and understanding of the role of policing and career opportunities in the Met.
We recognise that you may still have some questions or concerns that are stopping you from applying right now. Whether you want to know more about the career opportunities, training, or how we can best support you, the Outreach Team are here to answer your questions.
Make contact: You can contact the Outreach Team now. Send us your contact details along with any queries you have and a member of the team will be in touch.
Attend an event: The team host and attend a number of recruitment events across London’s boroughs, these can be virtual or face to face. You will have the opportunity to speak with serving officers about their experiences, gain invaluable insight into the training you’ll receive and support that is available to you to and find out what life is really like policing the capital.
Sign up to an Outreach event.
For advice on the application form and recruitment process
If you are unsure on any aspect of the your recruitment journey, whether you have questions around the eligibility requirements, completing the application form, or want to find out more about what happens after you have submitted your application, our recruitment partners, SSCL, can answer your questions.
To find out more contact the team today:
Live chat with recruitment team (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
Telephone: 01633 632500
Staff Support Associations (SSA)
Staff Support Associations are groups within the Met made up of officers and staff that share a commonality. The associations include groups across protected characteristics; disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation and beyond.
The SSAs provide support; guidance and information to their members and the wider Met to ultimately improve what it’s like to work in the Met for everybody.
Our SSAs are used as a sounding board within the Met, providing their insight to shape how the Met does things, both internally and externally with our communities of London.
Should you wish to speak to a particular SSA, please expand the list below and email us to let us know which group you'd like to contact.
- The Association of Muslim Police
- Association of Senior Women Officers
- British Association for Women in Policing
- London Christian Police Family
- Metropolitan Police LGBT Network
- Jewish Police Association
- Metropolitan Black Police Association
- Metropolitan Police Service Chinese and South East Asian Staff Association
- Metropolitan Police Humanists
- Metropolitan Police Service Emerald Society
- Metropolitan Police Service Greek & Cypriot Association
- Metropolitan Police Hindu Association
- Metropolitan Police Ibero-American Association
- Metropolitan Police Italian Association
- Metropolitan Police Polish Association
- Metropolitan Police Sikh Association
- Metropolitan Police Disability Staff Association
- Metropolitan Police Service Turkish Police Association
- Metropolitan Police Romanian Association
- Network of Women