If you're collecting for charity in London you may need a licence. The Met is the licensing authority for all charity collections that involve fundraisers going house-to-house, whether that's for cash, direct debits or clothing.

We also license street collections of cash, but not where fundraisers are collecting direct debits. Those types of collection are managed by the Institute of Fundraising.

Answer a few quick questions below to find out if you need a charity collection licence, what kind you need and how to apply.

Advice tool

I'm collecting for a charity that isn't registered with the Charity Commission

Thank you. To collect donations on the street or in a public place, your charity must first be registered with the Charity Commission.

To find out more, visit the Charity Commission website or contact your charity directly.