If someone is in danger

If someone is in immediate danger please call 999.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

If you have suddenly and unexpectedly lost contact with someone but they aren’t in immediate danger, you can report a missing person online or by calling 101.

But someone you have lost touch with and have not seen for a long time is not classed as a missing person.

Places to look for information about someone you are trying to trace

Electoral Register

General Register Office

Probate registry

National Archives

British Library

Salvation Army family tracing service

Red Cross international family tracing service

Missing People lost contact services